Comparison between two data tables

Stephanie30

Hi

I need a vba code which could compare 2 worksheets which has data in different sort order

The data tables have no primary key and I need help in identifying how this can be compared to identify differences by reducing manual effort

Once the data is compared between 2 worksheets, the code should provide results in the 3rd tab or a new tab called “Results”

So really appreciate any effort..
Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Hi,

You mention that the data tables have no primary key, this leads me to believe that you are familiar with Access and Tables and Queries. If that is the case and depending on what version of Excel you are using, you could use the MSQUERY.exe app that has come with all the versions of Excel that I have used (no Office365 and not later than Office 2010). This would open up a window that is essentially the same as an Access Query Design window.

It would not be feasible for me to try and give you a step by step but if you have used Access then you should be able to figure out what needs to be done. It fits your requirements perfectly.

Just a thought.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back