Complying a master data spreadsheet with data from mutiple workbooks

hes1985

Hi

I want to be able to comply a master data of all my statistics of my various employees. At present each employee has their own workbook where they input their data on a daily basis and it calculates the monthly total.
E.g Mrs. A's workbook worksheet JAN18

total ptsnpnp seenreturnsreturns seen units
01/01/201852233 80
02/01/201861155 95
03/01/201860066 90
04/01/201861155 95
05/01/2018

<colgroup><col style="mso-width-source:userset;mso-width-alt:2742;width:56pt" width="75"> <col style="width:48pt" width="64" span="7"> </colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>
I then want my own workbook which complies all this data in the one workbook.

E.g
total stats
total ptsnp seenreturns seenunits
Mrs A23419360
Mrs B
Mrs C

<colgroup><col><col span="2"><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

There would be a different worksheet for each month for each employee and then a different worksheet for each month for the total statistics.

I would like to the formula to be able to link the name of the employee to as in column A to the filename of their workbook and then also to the name of the worksheet. For example, the formula reads ='[Mrs A.xlsx]JAN18'!$B$34 for the total pts seen by Mrs A in JAN18. I would like to [Mrs A.xlsx] to reference the cell C1 so that I could use the same formula rather than having to fill in a new formula for each cell. It would also need to reference the workbook's name which would be JAN18 for both workbook (the master and the employee individual worksheet).

Hope I have explained myself correctly

Many thanks

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
I believe you would be better served by using a split database in Access. Each employee would have a copy of the "front-end data" and be able to input their numbers/data. You would then be able to pull reports based off of certain criteria, such as employee or whatever would suit your purposes. That way you can have all data in 1 spot rather than having numerous spreadsheets out and about.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amyap

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back