Conditional Formatting help

lynae42

I'd like to highlight a row in conditional formatting -- only if the row contains the value of column D, and the Sum of Column L is equal to the value in column F.

I've tried a few formulas but to no avail, please let me know if clarification is needed as this may only be making sense in my head.
:LOL:

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
Welcome aboard!

Yes, I think we need more clarification.

only if the row contains the value of column D
Do you mean if it contains a value in column D on that particular row (meaning, column D is not blank, but contains something)?

Sum of Column L is equal to the value in column F
Do you mean the sum of all rows in column L matches the amount in column F of that particular row?

When in doubt, you can always post a simple example for us to see what your data looks like (a picture often says a 1000 words!).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No problem - So here's what I'd like to do, if it's even possible... -

The cells in Column D are titled Requisition Number, and there are several cells containing the same requisition number.

Cells in Column F are Quantity

Cells in Column L are the actual Quantity Received, but the numbers vary as materials are delivered at different time.

If it's even possible, I would like to highlight the row in CF if the sum of the Quantity Received does not equal the value of Quantity ... but only if they contain the same Requisition Number.

Upvote 0
In other words, I just want to highlight the row if we haven't received the total Quantity that we requested.

Upvote 0
Try this formula, set to work on rows 1:100 (so select rows 1:100 and enter this conditional formatting formula):
Code:
=AND($D1<>"",SUMIF($D$1:$D$100,$D1,$L$1:$L$100)<>$F1)

Upvote 0
Hello lynae42,

We have all faced these queries with Conditional Formatting at point. I will try to help you with this.

Could you please clarify..
the row in CF

Upvote 0
You are an absolute life saver! Thank you!

Try this formula, set to work on rows 1:100 (so select rows 1:100 and enter this conditional formatting formula):
Code:
=AND($D1<>"",SUMIF($D$1:$D$100,$D1,$L$1:$L$100)<>$F1)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
panjongshing

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back