Conditional formatting

Awheaton

Hi,
I have a spreadsheet that performance data is imported into from two different sources. The main goal is to see when the two data entries do not match. However, the two data sources are never rounded to the same decimal place. For instance performance from 1/31/2017 will be 1.3245687% vs 1.3245%. Although I format both columns to 2 decimal places, excel still isn't able to recognize that the two rounded 1.32% entries are equal.

I'm currently using a conditional formatting formula =Round(B2,2)<>Round(C2,2) to highlight column C when the adjacent B cell does not match. However, it doesn't seem to be working very well.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
I'm currently using a conditional formatting formula =Round(B2,2)<>Round(C2,2) to highlight column C when the adjacent B cell does not match. However, it doesn't seem to be working very well.

Welcome to the Forum!

Try using Round( ... , 4)

Otherwise, for example, Round(1.7%,2) <> Round(2.3%,2) will return FALSE, i.e. because they are both equal to 0.02 to 2 dp.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morpheous

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back