Fayebee

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

I have inherited a sizeable spreadsheet from a predecessor and need to clean it up to enable me to convert it to a CSV file our our CRM system. The problem is, she has entered all of the telephone numbers into one column and i need to distinguish between landlines and mobiles. Is there a way of me having a formula that says something to the effect of 'if cell starts with 07 move to column P and if it starts 01 or 02 move it to column Q' This will take out all of the mobiles startng 07 and put them further along.

I dont know if this is possible, but i really dont fancy typing them all out, it will take me years!

Thank you so much in advance.

Faye

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Welcome to the Board!

Sure!

What column are they in now? Let's say it is column M. Then for row 2, you would put this formula in cell P2:
=IF(LEFT(M2,2)="07",M2,"")

and if cell Q2 you would put:
=IF(OR(LEFT(M2,2)="01",LEFT(M2,2)="02"),M2,"")

Then you would just copy those formulas down for the rest of the rows of data that you have.

Upvote 0
Don't know if it's practical but could you sort by phone number so all the mobile numbers are together and then move en-masse

Upvote 0
Columns are as follows
A - Pre Fx
B - Surname
c - Telephone number.

Thank you so much @Joe4, i really appreciate this

Upvote 0
Don't know if it's practical but could you sort by phone number so all the mobile numbers are together and then move en-masse
Thankyou, i need to distinguish them into separate columns as the CSV upload will sort numbers into different areas on their CRM system accounts, if that makes sense.

Upvote 0
Columns are as follows
A - Pre Fx
B - Surname
c - Telephone number.

Thank you so much @Joe4, i really appreciate this
So then you should just be able to replace the column "M" reference in my reply with column "C".

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back