copy and printing ranges dynamically with a macro

kelly mort

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello All,
I have this challenge here with me;
I am using a macro to print some work sheets and I am getting myself into a trap.

I used some sheets to lookup data from the data sheet then print them. So say I have 1000 rows of data and and I have to print 50 on a sheet, then I will insert 20 sheets to do the lookup. Then I have a macro that looks for those sheets and print them.

I did that for maximum data entry. But I may have less than 1000 sometimes. And when this happens then the macro prints only the sheets with data in them. It worked good with small data but now I think I need something better.

Any suggestions?
To avoid those number of sheets?

Can I use a macro to copy say first 50 then paste on a sheet and print then next 50 etc till the last data? Because I want all my data have headings when printed. Thanks in advance
Kelly

Okay thanks very much. It is working now. I have changed the activesheet to say Sheet1. And placed Sheet1 in the lr = Sheet1.cells...........
And for the lc

My aim is to call this macro and point it to sheet 1 always without making it the active sheet. Let me know if that's the right way to go.

Thanks again
Kelly

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
You should be ready to go.
If not, you'll get an error or your result is wrong. You're OK
Good luck

Upvote 0
You should be ready to go.
If not, you'll get an error or your result is wrong. You're OK
Good luck

Hello,
I just observed another issue here:

The columns that it prints is more than what I want it print . So I want to enter my own number of columns. I don't need an InputBox. I need it placed in the script directly. Thanks

Upvote 0
Change this line
Code:
.PageSetup.PrintArea = .Range("A1:A" & lr).Resize(, lc).Address    '<---- Column A to last used column
to
Code:
.PageSetup.PrintArea = .Range("A1:D" & lr).Address    '<---- Column A to Column D
Change the "D" in the above line to whatever Column you want.

Upvote 0
Change this line
Code:
.PageSetup.PrintArea = .Range("A1:A" & lr).Resize(, lc).Address    '<---- Column A to last used column
to
Code:
.PageSetup.PrintArea = .Range("A1:D" & lr).Address    '<---- Column A to Column D
Change the "D" in the above line to whatever Column you want.

Okay.thanks

Has worked great!

Kelly

Upvote 0
I have one more issue with this:

The sheet I am printing contains formulas. And I want the macro set page break for only rows that are not blank.

So say if from A2 to A50 are showing output then set page break for them and leave others with formula but no output.

To me this is tough but I am sure it is easy for someone here.

Thanks
kelly

Upvote 0
Hide the rows that are blank.
Lots of code around for that.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sravya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back