copy formulas across two rows down without them skipping a row from the source data

Morphies

Hi all,

apologies for the poor title, not sure how be to word this one.

I'm trying to copy four rows of formula down around another 600 rows which I will then delete if they are not required...

the four rows and cell ranges are setup as follows:

A16 merged through i16
Code:
=IF(ISBLANK(QuoteDetails!A3)," ",QuoteDetails!A3)

A17
Code:
=IF(LEN(B17)<5,"",1)

b17 merged through G17
Code:
=(IF(ISBLANK(QuoteDetails!C3),"","Quantity: "&QuoteDetails!B3&" off"))&(IF(ISBLANK(QuoteDetails!B3),""," | Item: "&QuoteDetails!C3))&(IF(ISBLANK(QuoteDetails!D3),""," | Drg No: "&QuoteDetails!D3))&(IF(ISBLANK(QuoteDetails!E3),""," | Patt No: "&QuoteDetails!E3))&(IF(ISBLANK(QuoteDetails!F3),""," | Scope: "&QuoteDetails!F3))&(IF(ISBLANK(QuoteDetails!G3),""," | Specification: "&QuoteDetails!G3))

H17 merged with i17
Code:
=(IF(ISBLANK(QuoteDetails!C3),"","Per Unit: £"&(IF(ISBLANK(QuoteDetails!I3),QuoteDetails!H3,(QuoteDetails!H3/100)*(100-QuoteDetails!I3)))))

Then

A18 merged through I18
Code:
=IF(ISBLANK(QuoteDetails!A4)," ",QuoteDetails!A4)

a19
Code:
 =IF(LEN(B19)<5,"",A17+1)

B19 merged through G19
Code:
=(IF(ISBLANK(QuoteDetails!C4),"","Quantity: "&QuoteDetails!B4&" off"))&(IF(ISBLANK(QuoteDetails!B4),""," | Item: "&QuoteDetails!C4))&(IF(ISBLANK(QuoteDetails!D4),""," | Drg No: "&QuoteDetails!D4))&(IF(ISBLANK(QuoteDetails!E4),""," | Patt No: "&QuoteDetails!E4))&(IF(ISBLANK(QuoteDetails!F4),""," | Scope: "&QuoteDetails!F4))&(IF(ISBLANK(QuoteDetails!G4),""," | Specification: "&QuoteDetails!G4))

H19 merged with I19
Code:
=(IF(ISBLANK(QuoteDetails!C4),"","Per Unit: £"&(IF(ISBLANK(QuoteDetails!I4),QuoteDetails!H4,(QuoteDetails!H4/100)*(100-QuoteDetails!I4)))))

As you’ve probably guessed I’m trying to format data into adistributable format.

However when I try and drag a copy range A17 through I19 thenext set of formulas, beginning in A5 should read
Code:
=IF(ISBLANK(QuoteDetails!A5),"",QuoteDetails!A5)
reference to A5, but are actually referencingcells A7

Essentially I end up with two consecutive them two missing,so 1 2 5 6 9 10 13 14

Any way I can correct this?

TIA

Last edited:

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
I found a solution based on this thread:

Welcome to the MrExcel board!

Without the volatile function INDIRECT.

In Sheet2 ..

1. In cell A1 put the formula: =INDEX(Sheet1!A$2:A$2352,CEILING(ROWS(A$1:A1),3)/3)

2. Select A1:A3 (note that A2 and A3 are blank)

3. Click & drag down the Fill Handle (the little black square at the bottom right of the selection)

Spreadsheet Formulas

Cell
Formula
A1
=INDEX(Sheet1!A$2:A$2352,CEILING(ROWS(A$1:A1),3)/3)

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel tables to the web >> Excel Jeanie HTML 4

Essentially I built the dataset in a separate sheet ad used the index ceiling formula to reference them.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hideto94

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back