Copying worksheet from one workbook to another creates unbreakable links

I copied a worksheet from one worksheet to another that has named ranges, charts, formulas, and pivot tables. After copying it I changed all the pivottables' data sources to the current document's version and removed the copied one (adds a 1 to the end of the data connection name), and I deleted all the duplicated named ranges from the copied file. None of the formulas have retained any links to the original file from what I can see, and searching for "[" doesn't come up with anything. When I go to edit links, there is a new link which will not go away when you click "Break Link" and you can't change source. The only way I see to get rid of it is to delete the worksheet, which is obviously not an option. Where are these ghost links and how do I get rid of them?

Using Excel 2010

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Not sure if this will help but it's worth a go!

Where you have changed the name ranges, do it again in every tab. there are sometimes more than one range with the same name but you can't see it unless you are physically in each sheet.
HTH

Upvote 0
No, the problem is clearly with this particular copied sheet. IF you delete the sheet completely, the link disappears. And the named ranges are the same on every sheet.

Upvote 0
Why can't you change the source? Is there some protection on the worksheet or workbook?

Sorry not much help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back