Count a name once not multiple times

Patriot2879

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi goodmorning, please can you help, I have a spreadsheet where it has peoplesnames and dates but for example there can be the same name on the same date inputtedmany times so Jo Bloggs on 1st April could be listed 10 times, but Ionly want to count the name once and not 10 times please can you help with thisplease as the code below doesn’t work, it counts the name multiple times.
Code:
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]=SUM(COUNTIFS('Activities-Complex'!C:C,"Jo Bloggs",'Activities-Complex'!AB:AB,D3)+SUM(COUNTIFS('Activities-Complex'!C:C,"JaneBloggs",'Activities-Complex'!AB:AB,D3)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][/CO[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]DE]

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
I don't know exactly what you're trying to achieve but PivotTable's Distinct count can give you fast results.

Upvote 0
Hi I am trying to count names with dates, but I don't want the name if added 10 times for 1st april as an example to be counted as 10 times but I want this to be counted as 1, is this possible?

Upvote 0
hi I have tried the DCOUNTA fomula but cant get to work
=DCOUNTA('Activities-Complex'!C:C"Jo Bloggs",'Activities-Complex'!AB:AB,D3)

Upvote 0
Hi I don't think that will work for me then, I hope you can still help me with this query.

Upvote 0
Hi, I think the =SUMRODUCT will work but don't know how to adapt into my previous formula. please can you help?

Upvote 0
I have tried this but it doesn't work
Code:
=SUMPRODUCT('Activities-Complex'!C:C<>"Jo Bloggs",'Activities-Complex'!AB:AB,C3)/COUNTIF('Activities-Complex'!C:C,"Jo Bloggs",'Activities-Complex'!AB:Sheet1!J15,C3))

Upvote 0
if SUMIFS does it halfway through then maybe you can use this formula:
Code:
=MIN(1,[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri]COUNTIFS('Activities-Complex'!C:C,"Jo Bloggs",'Activities-Complex'!AB:AB,D3))[/FONT][/COLOR]
so you will get either 1 or 0.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Terra0013

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back