Create a tutorial

harveya915

Board Regular
I have a spreadsheet with vba buttons, code and userforms.

I want to creat a "Help" button inside a UserForm that when clicked opens up a tutorial of how to use the sheet. My dilemma is I don't know what control from the toolbox to use. I tried a text box, but it won't let me format it with Bold characters, different types of font and sizes, indentations and all that word formatting options.

Can anyone recommend a way of accomplishing this?

I had an idea of perhaps typing out the tutorial on to a word document or on to a pdf, then somehow integrating the pdf into excel. Therefore when the button would be clicked the file would open up. I found a couple of dilemmas with this idea that i found after a brief research. 1) I could do a hyperlink. The problem is that the document would be stored on my computer, but since the sheet would be shared with various people the hyperlink wouldn't work. 2) I could insert the pdf into a cell as an icon, this somehow embedding the pdf into the sheet. But I don't want the icon showing on the sheet.

Any help or suggestions would be gladly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
How about a link to another VeryHidden Sheet in the workbook. ??
When the button is pressed, the sheet is protected, it unhides, the user reads the instructions, the sheet rehides when they press an "Exit" button

Upvote 0
How about a link to another VeryHidden Sheet in the workbook. ??
When the button is pressed, the sheet is protected, it unhides, the user reads the instructions, the sheet rehides when they press an "Exit" button

That could be a possibility.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrcsbenson

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back