Creating a Macro to Split Data over Muliple sheets based on Multiple Criteria

AlexLNB7

I am looking to create a macro that takes data that is on a master spreadsheet within the workbook and split sit out into three different worksheets. Each worksheet would be based on specific criteria that the item on the master must meet. The tricky part I am finding is that the data on the master spreadsheet has multiple criteria that needs to be met for each. What I mean by this is that lets call the worksheets that the data will be split over 1,2,3. The data on the master spreadsheet has three criteria that need to be met to move it to sheet 1 ,2 or 3. There also multiple other combinations of criteria that would have it move to worksheet 1 consisting of three different criteria. This goes on for the other to for a total of 8 different criterias to be split over the 3 spreadsheets. Let me know if that makes sense or you need more information. My other thought is there a way to create a table with the data criteria that the spreadsheet uses as a rule to do this? Right now I am using Excel 2003 (yes my company is behind) but will be upgrading to 2010 in a few months. Thanks for your help in advance!

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Hello Alex. For starters, we would need to know the exact criteria for each sheet. We also need to know where the criteria are located, what data you want moved and its location and where you want the data moved to.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesski

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back