Creating a running history of application versions

whouse

Hi all!
I have a spreadsheet that I use to track versions of multiple applications for multiple clients. I was hoping to be able to keep a history of the previous version number in a different worksheet(i.e. app1 version history, app2 version history, etc.) upon change to the current version (i.e. when a client is updated and I modify a cell in the sheet reflecting the new version the client was updated to, write the previous version to a worksheet for that application). I was hoping to make a "running history" and insert a new entry each time the version is changed so I would have a complete history, possibly including date the field was changed, of the update.
I hope I have been descriptive enough but please let me know if not.

I would appreciate any help at all as I'm a total noob at VBA.

Below is an image of what my version sheet looks like so you can better understand what I want.

versionworksheet.jpg

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
Glad to see you have joined the Forum.
When wanting help here you always need to give specific details:
Like this:
You said:
I have a spreadsheet that I use to track versions.......
What is the name of this spreadsheet?
You said:
upon change to the current version (i.e. when a client is updated and I modify a cell in the sheet reflecting the new version the client was updated to, write the previous version to a worksheet for that application).

You need to tell us exactly where you will be making these changes.

Are you saying when I enter a certain value in column "A" of sheet named "Master"
You want to copy this data into the sheet named ?? being the sheet name you entered in column "A" of "Master" sheet.

See you have to give us specific details like:
Sheet name
Column Number
etc. etc.

All we know is what you tell us.

Upvote 0
My apologies...

Let me see if I can lay the sheet out for you.

On the first sheet, labeled "Versions", I have clients in column A, app 1 version is in column C, app version is in column G, add on mod for app 2 version in column I, app 3 version in column M and app 4 version in column Q.
So, app 1 range would be C9:C27, App 2 range is G9:G27, App2 module range is I9;I27, App 3 range is M9:M27 and App 4 range is Q9:Q27

I have created a worksheet for each applications version history labeled "App 1 History", "App 2 History", etc.

What I would like to do is each time the version is changed in Column C, Column G, Column I, Column M and Column Q, write the previous version to it's version history worksheet in column B, saving column 1 for client name. Each other revision should insert a column in between A and B, effectively pushing the previous entry over to the right and then inserting the last saved history to Col B.
If it's possible to write the date each is changed, the date should go in Col C and then both B and C are moved right with each new version and date entry.

So if the version for app 1 client 2 changes (C10), I would like to write it to App 1 History sheet (app 1 history(B10) and the date to (C10)
If the version for app 2 client 3 changes (I11), I would like to write it to App 2 History (app 2 history(B11) and the date to (C11)

This will help me keep a history of the date the version was changed and what the previous version was.

I hope this sheds some light on what I'm trying to do. Thanks for replying. I really appreciate it.

Wayne

Upvote 0
This seems a little hard for me to understand and give you an answer for.
Maybe someone else here at Mr. Excel will provide an answer.

Upvote 0
Is there anyone else that may be able to help? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Wayne

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeisonGDC

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back