Data dumping output from 'Find and Replace' box

eddyble

Should be an easy solution but i can't seem to figure it out.

Let's say you're looking for a specific word in a data set using the find and replace function and hit 'find all' - it displays all the results for the word you find.

All i want to do is copy the 'Cell' reference output and paste it somewhere. How does one do that?

Cheers

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number

Fazza

MrExcel MVP
this is good for me

CTRL-A
then in immediate window of VBE (ALT-F11, CTRL-G) ? selection.address
carriage return (that is, enter) to see the cell references

Fazza

MrExcel MVP
I missed a step : after the CTRL-A you need to get out of the dialog box. Such as ESC or hitting the red close X on the top RHS

Another thought, instead of printing of addresses to the VBE immediate window you could print to a cell on the worksheet.
so instead of ? selection value
in the immediate window (change the A1 to whatever cell works for you) range("A1").value = selection.address

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Faceless Judge

This Week's Hot Topics

• Timer in VBA - Stop, Start, Pause and Reset
    [CODE=vba][/CODE] Option Explicit Dim CmdStop As Boolean Dim Paused As Boolean Dim Start Dim TimerValue As Date Dim pausedTime As Date Sub...
  • how to updates multiple rows in muliselect listbox
    Hello everyone. I need help with below code. code is only chaning 1st row in mulitiselect list box. i know issue with code...
  • Delete Row from Table
    I am trying to delete a row from a table using VBA using a named range to find what I need to delete. My Range is finding the right cell. In the...
  • Assigning to a variable
    I have a for each block where I want to assign the value in column 5 of the found row to the variable Serv. [CODE=vba] For Each ws In...
  • Way to verify information
    Hi All, I don't know what to call this formula, and therefore can't search. I have a spreadsheet with information I want to reference...
  • Active Cell Address – Inactive Sheet
    How to use VBA to get the cell address of the active cell in an inactive worksheet and then place that cell address in a location on the current...