Data range copy and paste if any change in the row

harinsh

Hi Team,

I need some help, I have 7 columns data in sheet1 and this is the reference of original data from Sheet2 (through the formula) both data sets are same.

I am not sure if this can be done via worksheet change request. If I change the cell value in any rows then that entire row till data set should get the copy and paste to corresponding data in sheet2.

Is this something can be achieved? Thank you

Usually, it won't be like that...in sample data, I copy pasted the data twice...that's why it is showing like that...

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
OK. I have to go out now so I won't be able to work on something until tomorrow. I will get back to you as soon as I can.
When you say
In case any blank..it should go to last row of data and add as new line....
do you mean the first available row in column A of Sheet2?

Upvote 0
I mean to say if anything blank in Sheet1, if I enter something then that particular data should copy as a new row in Sheet2.

Thank you very much !!

Upvote 0
After having a close look at your data, I can't figure out any way to do what you want. The problem is that once you change a value in Sheet1, then the data in that row no longer matches the corresponding data in Sheet2. The only way I can think of to do what you want is to have a single cell unique identifier for each row in Sheet1 and Sheet2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok got that...can we include unique serial number like 1,2,3,4....n for each line ..will that going to help? I can include these..it does not affect anywhere in my report...

Upvote 0
That would work. You would need to add a column in Sheet1 and another column in Sheet2 making sure that the ID numbers match. If you are able to do that, please upload an updated version of your file.

Upvote 0
Copy and paste this macro into the worksheet code module. Do the following: right click the tab name for your Sheet1 and click 'View Code'. Paste the macro into the empty code window that opens up. Close the code window to return to your sheet.

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    If Intersect(Target, Range("C4:H20,C25:H41")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Dim LastRow As Long, SL As Range
    Dim ws2 As Worksheet
    Set ws2 = Sheets("Sheet2")
    Set SL = ws2.Range("A:A").Find(Cells(Target.Row, 2).Value, LookIn:=xlValues, lookat:=xlWhole)
    If Not SL Is Nothing Then
        Cells(Target.Row, 2).Resize(1, 7).Copy
        ws2.Cells(SL.Row, 9).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
        Application.CutCopyMode = False
    End If
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Upvote 0
Your Super Bro!!!! It's working like a charm ...I will check further if any tweak requires, I may contact you...Thanks your efforts!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back