Date Format Changes

Mister Sam

Dear all,

I have created an Excel 2010 spreadsheet with several columns for dates. I intended the spreadsheet to use dates following the dd/mm/yyyy format, and as long as I open the spreadsheet on my pc the dd/mm/yyyy format works fine. Entering dates using the mm/dd/yyyy format results in an error message for dates like 10/31/2017 (as I intended).

However I found out from other users using the spreadsheet that they cannot enter dates in the dd/mm/yyyy format, but can enter dates using mm/dd/yyyy . In case they enter a date like 31/10/2017 they will get an error message. I would like a uniform dd/mm/yyyy format for all users using this spreadsheet to avoid any confusion with multiple date format being used simultaneously, additionally many of the users are not familiar with the American mm/dd/yyyy format.

I checked the date settings for the date columns under the format cell options; currently dd-mm-yyyy is selected , with Armenian as the locale option. The Armenian locale is not marked with an asterisk (*), which in my understanding means that the date format should not change even for users who use different settings.

Let me know if you need more information and thank you in advance for your help.

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back