Date formula

bh24524

Office Version
  1. 2021
  2. 2007
I have a tab in a spreadsheet that lists employees taking their vacation in advance. If an employee accrues a week of vacation late in the year and there aren't any more weeks for them to pick due to the limit of vacations being reached for that week, the company will allow them to take it at some point prior in the year with zero pay and get paid once they actually accrue the hours at the anniversary. In one of the cells, I have a lookup formula combined with an Edate formula that adds 12 months to their start date so we know what date they will accrue the vacation this year. Here is the problem I am running into now: I have people who are getting their second weeks of vacation which is earned at 3 years. The formula I am currently using reads:

=IF(A4="","",EDATE(INDEX(Warehouse!$H$2:$H$277, MATCH(A4,Warehouse!$B$2:$B$277,0)),12))

Rather than me changing the Edate formula on a case by case basis from 12 to 36, is there a better formula I can use that could encompass both scenarios? I do have another few columns in that tab that the lookup references that lists when the employees will accrue their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd weeks if it would be better to somehow use those instead?

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Bumping this one last time and then will assume it is not possible to do.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back