Delete Rows Based on Cell Value from Another Sheet with Macro

rangequestion

Board Regular
Hi,

Hopefully this will be n easy question. In my active sheet I have an identifier in cell D5. Based on that ID I want to delete all rows in a sheet called "All Remotely Booked Txn Table" that do not have that ID in column B.

For example, if my ID is 982 I want the macro to delete all rows that do not have 982 in column B of tab called "All Remotely Booked Txn Table".

Thanks!

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Try:
Code:
Sub DeleteRows()
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Dim LastRow As Long
    LastRow = Sheets("All Remotely Booked Txn Table").Cells.Find("*", SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row
    Sheets("All Remotely Booked Txn Table").Range("B1:B" & LastRow).AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="<>5"
    Sheets("All Remotely Booked Txn Table").Range("B2:B" & LastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).EntireRow.Delete
    If Sheets("All Remotely Booked Txn Table").AutoFilterMode Then Sheets("All Remotely Booked Txn Table").AutoFilterMode = False
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub
The macro assumes you have headers in row 1 and the data starts in row 2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You are very welcome. :)

Upvote 0
Quick follow up question here. In the event that there are matches to the criteria above can we also filter for a date range?

In the active sheet I have a start date in cell D12 and end date in D13 Id only like to keep rows where the dates in Column K of the "All Remotely Booked Txn Table" tab are within the date range. So we have 2 criteria now, the ID (which you helped already) and the date range.

Upvote 0
Try:
Code:
Sub DeleteRows()
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Dim LastRow As Long, sDate As Date, eDate As Date
    sDate = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("D12").Value
    eDate = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("D13").Value
    LastRow = Sheets("All Remotely Booked Txn Table").Cells.Find("*", SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row
    Sheets("All Remotely Booked Txn Table").Range("K1:K" & LastRow).AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="<" & sDate, Operator:=xlOr, Criteria2:=">" & eDate
    Sheets("All Remotely Booked Txn Table").Range("B2:B" & LastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).EntireRow.Delete
    If Sheets("All Remotely Booked Txn Table").AutoFilterMode Then Sheets("All Remotely Booked Txn Table").AutoFilterMode = False
    Sheets("All Remotely Booked Txn Table").Range("A1:L" & LastRow).AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:="<>5"
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Upvote 0
I'm getting an error on the 4th to last row that ends in "<>5"

The error reads "Run-time error '1004' Autofilter method of Range class failed"

I then went to the "All Remotely Booked Txn Table" tab and all the data was deleted instead of keeping the ID and specified date range.

Upvote 0
Click here to download a sample file.
If you look at the "All Remotely Booked Txn Table" sheet, I've highlighted the rows which meet the criteria of being equal to 5 and between the 2 dates in D12 and D13 of "Sheet1". When you run the macro in Module1, the yellow rows will be the only ones selected.

Upvote 0
I see how it works for you, very nifty. But still not working for me. My active sheet is named "Static Data" and I renamed Sheet1 to that. Didn't solve anything...Could something else be causing this?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StorageQueen24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back