Dragging INDIRECT Formula with a COUNTIF

SamStage

Hi

I've been pulling my hair out for hours trying to figure this out with no luck. I am collating data this is pulled in via a Google Survey to a Google Sheet. When the survey gets a submission it adds a new row so I have used the INDIRECT and COUNTIF formula on a separate sheet to count the number of "Yeses" to a certain group of questions, which works how I want and looks like the below;

=COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'Google Survey Data'!J3:S3"),"Yes")

Problem being I want to drag this formula down so I have J4:S4, J5:S5 on the rows beneath etc. I've been playing around with the ROW/ROWS function but still can't get it to work as it brings back an error. Any ideas?

Many thanks

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Per the previous poster, you don't need to use INDIRECT for this. If for some reason you do need INDIRECT, try combining with ADDRESS...

=COUNTIF(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW(A3),10,,,"Google Survey Data")&":"&ADDRESS(ROW(A3),19)),"Yes")

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Per the previous poster, you don't need to use INDIRECT for this. If for some reason you do need INDIRECT, try combining with ADDRESS...

=COUNTIF(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW(A3),10,,,"Google Survey Data")&":"&ADDRESS(ROW(A3),19)),"Yes")

Works an absolute charm, thank you so much.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back