drop down box

TCarson17

I have a drop down box in a seris of cells that I use an input field to key a lookup table to bring desired information from a database to the fields I want on another worksheet. The key is first and last name. Everything works great I was wondering if there is a way to modify this drop down box so that when I start typing the box pops up and scrolls the names to match what Im typing and the closer I get to finishing the name it continues to scroll until it gets to the name im typing. Just curious, becasue if i misspell a name then i have to click the drop down box and scroll through the list to find the correct name. Thanks for any help

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Hi the functionality is defined by the MatchEntry property. You can either have no matching, only match the first letter or match as you type (the default). It has pre-defined settings so I dont think you can alter its behaviour other than choosing one of these three options. You will just have to become a better typist. :)

If the list is sorted you can type 3 or 4 letters and use the drop down and you should be pretty close. If you have mistyped you can delete a few characters and this may put you back on track for finding the one you want.

hth

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back