Editable Text Based on Drop Down List

rxharp419

Board Regular
Hello,

I would like to have a drop-down list in A1.

Based on the value selected in the drop-down list in A1, I would like a specific parage of text to pop up in A2. I would like for this text in A2 to be editable so minor things can be changed as needed.

Is this possible?

You need to put the script in a sheet by itself and see if it works. Do not have your other script in the sheet.
Do you have a TextBox named "TextBox6" in a sheet named "Quote" ??
And in your other script it talks about protecting and unprotecting the sheet. If the sheet is protected this script will maybe create a error.

I have tried both of those things you mentioned and FOR SURE have a box in the "Quote" sheet named "TextBox6'.

I know it is doing something because every time I try to run it by changing the value in "C2", that error message happens, and if I click the debug and than try to go to the "TextBox6" on the "Quote" sheet, it is locked and I cant edit it until i stop the design mode or break mode what ever it is called.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Here is what I'm going to do.
I'm going to let someone else here on Mr. Excel help you.
We are now up to post #45 and I'm not getting you what you want.
So you take care and lets see if someone else can help you.

Upvote 0
Here is what I'm going to do.
I'm going to let someone else here on Mr. Excel help you.
We are now up to post #45 and I'm not getting you what you want.
So you take care and lets see if someone else can help you.
Hi, I just wanted to let you know that this ended up solving the problem:

Code:
If Target.Value = "Estimate" Then Sheets("Quote").TextBoxes("TextBox6").Text = Sheets("Wages & Rates").Range("J16").Value
If Target.Value = "Lump Sum" Then Sheets("Quote").TextBoxes("TextBox6").Text = Sheets("Wages & Rates").Range("J18").Value

Upvote 0
Glad you have it working. Not sure why you needed it this way. My way worked fine for me using Excel 2013
Hi, I just wanted to let you know that this ended up solving the problem:

Code:
If Target.Value = "Estimate" Then Sheets("Quote").TextBoxes("TextBox6").Text = Sheets("Wages & Rates").Range("J16").Value
If Target.Value = "Lump Sum" Then Sheets("Quote").TextBoxes("TextBox6").Text = Sheets("Wages & Rates").Range("J18").Value

Upvote 0
This is what the other fella told me.

Thanks again for all the help!

My guess is that you don't have an ActiveX-type textbox named Textbox6 on the Quote sheet.
- Double-check the exact name of the textbox.
- There are two types of textboxes; an ActiveX-type and a Forms-type. If you used a Form-type control, try this syntax.

Upvote 0
I was wondering later what type TextBox you were using. But the thread was getting very long and I was getting tired of asking questions.

Best thing is when wanting help on the forumn is to always be very specific like putting sheet names in quotes like Sheet named "Me" or Sheet named "Her"

And try and not change what you want. But I do know sometimes that can happen.

And like in your other post you had already come to a conclusion that you needed all those 300 lines of code when I was sure if we knew the relationship between the number 1 and 2 or all the way up to 60
we could write a shorter code. Another poster after seeing more details you provided about number of rows per quote noticed the link between numbers and rows and wrote a nice simple code.

But that's all OK we all learn as we go.

Glad it all worked out for you.
And if you were to ever ask a question and your using a "Apple" computer always point that out at the beginning.

Take care:

Glad I was able to help you. Come back here to Mr. Excel next time you need additional assistance.

This is what the other fella told me.

Thanks again for all the help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lee_ray

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back