Enable Content Security Warning

Techsupport13

Is there a way to automatically enable content on every workbook? The instructions I find show to turn off protected view but even after doing that I have to enable content once on each workbook that I open. Other information shows to change the settings on the message bar but it never explains if that is just doesn't show the message or if it allows the content as well. We use Excel 2013 & 2016 and we don't want to see "enable content" warnings but we do want to see the prompt to update links (don't want that automatic). Thanks

Is there a way to automatically enable content on every workbook? The instructions I find show to turn off protected view but even after doing that I have to enable content once on each workbook that I open. Other information shows to change the settings on the message bar but it never explains if that is just doesn't show the message or if it allows the content as well. We use Excel 2013 & 2016 and we don't want to see "enable content" warnings but we do want to see the prompt to update links (don't want that automatic). Thanks

Are we talking about one workbook ? You could create a small addin and run from it some vba code that automatically clicks the "Enable content" whenever that specific workbook is being opened.. (If the workbook is being used by different machines, you will have to have the addin installed in each computer)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
Jaafar, this is many different workbooks used by several employees. At this point it looks like if I turn off Protected view each person has to click "enable content" once per workbook and from then on they do not see that warning. At this point I am guessing that is just how it works.
Carmen

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kfhw720

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back