Error message while entering new data in report

marc01

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

I have been working on producing a report for some time now, and when i think I finally have it completed it doesn't seem to work.

I have saved a template of my report so that I can input new raw data. I have just tried to do this to be confronted with the error message: ":oops:Excel ran out of resources while trying to calculate one or more formulas. As a result these formulas cannot be evaluated"

I have managed to return the correct answer by highlighting an individual cell, clicking on the formula in the formula bar, pressing enter and then okay when the above message is shown. Once done the cell is populated with the correct answer for that given formula. Problem is my report has hundreds of formula so this isn't exactly ideal :oops:

Please can someone help me out?

Kind regards,

Marc

The first formula is looking at a column of 2 players names and counting how many times there name appears just one time, 2 consecutive times, 3 consecutive times.... All the way to 5+.

The second formula is counting the maximum number of consecutive names. For example....

Federer
Federer
Federer
Djokovic
Djokovic
Federer

Federer max is 3
Djokovic max is 2.

Just to let you know I didn't write this formula. Someone on this forum kindly helped me out (my excel knowledge doesn't cover array formula or VBA etc)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back