Excel 2007 Pivot Table Help - 3 hours lost .... please help!!

jimihndrks

Hello, I need an advanced user on Excel 2007 pivot tables [or at least someone better than me....]
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
I have a workbook with multiple worksheets. One worksheet has my source data and the other worksheets have pivot tables with individual date filters for each worksheet. For instance, one worksheet filters dates from a "6 month" column on my source worksheet, another filters dates from an "annual" column, another filters dates from a "2 year" column, etc.
<o:p></o:p>
I have updated my source data by removing a few dates as these items were completed. When i go to my pivot tables and run my filters, it still brings in the old data in the field columns. My fields are Last, First, Department and Review Date. The Review Date field has a 'between' date filter on it so I can look for who's 6 month or annual or 2 year, etc... reviews are due in the next couple of months.
However, I try to update my source data on each pivot table page and as soon as I hit 'refresh' or 'refresh all' it will completely delete my 'Review Date' column. Sometimes it will leave the column but remove the filter option and I cannot get it to go back to a date filter. I'm so lost as I cannot see where or what I am doing to get these different results, nor can I get it to update the source data and just pull correctly. All I want to do is update the source data so those dates I removed will no longer be still showing up in my pivot tables. <o:p></o:p>
HEEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP!
417-667-7007 X30 if you can help me out.
Patti<o:p></o:p>

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tayo4dgacorbanget

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back