excel 2013 user form to update access 2003 database

Mike_CS

Hi All

I was wondering if anybody knows a quick and dirty way for an excel (2013) user form to populate an access (2003) database.

I have created the database in access and they match the questions in the user form but i'm having difficulty in getting the to to communicate (a connection has been made).

I need to use excel as the front end as access licenses are limited so anybody can complete this form.

There's various parts to the user form. For example the text boxes can be freely typed in, the combo boxes are populated by vlookups giving people choices in a dropdown and the labels are a mixture of environ details (first name, last name, user id) as well as chosen dates from a calendar and a 'Today' label for the date last modified column in the database.

I have looked online and saw things mentioning ADO and DAO but most (if not all) examples only use cell values and when i try and translate it to label/textbox values etc. i get errors so have removed everything and am starting from scratch.

If i have missed a post with the exact same query i'm sorry.

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Typically, sending data is as simple as:
Code:
<!--StartFragment-->[FONT=&quot]With rs
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]    .Fields("LOANNUMBER") =LOANNUMBER[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]    .Fields("LOANDATE") = LOANDATE[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]    .Fields("CUSTNAME") = CUSTNAME[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]'repeat for all required fields[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]    .Update[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]    .Close[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]End With[/FONT]
<!--EndFragment-->

In this example, "LOANNUMBER" is the field name and I am using a TextBox with the same name.

If your error is occurring within this area, I would think it's an issue of formatting between excel and access. If the Access field is set up for a date value, but you send NULL (""), you'll get an error.

There's a ton of information on it here: http://www.globaliconnect.com/excel...-data-objects-library-ado&catid=79&Itemid=475

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back