Excel & Access Guidance

CWatts

I'm attempting to find a way for Excel to write to an Access database and for it to work on PCs that do not have Microsoft Access installed. I have found some code here and on other sites, however, it only works with older versions of Access and we use Office 2010.

We currently have a CSV file that updates daily with data for the current month, and I've created a connection in Excel to the CSV so that the data is presented to the end user in a more usable format. Items from that file are reviewed at random and I'd like to maintain a database of those reviews.

Currently we use a SharePoint survey where the user has to enter the information in and add their comments. I'm attempting to avoid the manual data entry (and SharePoint in general) by allowing the pertinent data from the active record to be passed to Access along with user comments.

Any chance anyone would have any code laying around that would do the trick, or even an alternate suggestion for how I could handle it?

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JazzSingerNL

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back