Excel ActiveX Listbox and Combobox control/font size changes automatically with screen resolution change

sleipner

I'm at my wits' end with this - I've searched multiple places on the web and gotten exactly 0 working suggestions, though it seems other people have run into this problem as well. I'm using Excel 2007 SP2 on Windows XP.

The problem is that when I open my spreadsheet on computers with different screen resolutions, either the combobox/listbox resizes itself, or the font size changes to nearly unreadable size.

I've tried setting IntegralHeight to both true and false, and the Placement value to 2 or 3, and nothing seems to work, the moment I change screen resolution the listbox or combobox is messed up.

At this point I have no ideas left aside from saving all the properties for each control and forcing them back to their original values every time the screen resolution changes (assuming I can even detect that).

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
I've found something of a workaround - if I change the font size off the one I want and back on again (i.e. change to 10 then back to 11), then reset the height and width of each control it seems to fix things. I keep having to do that every time the listbox is repopulated or else it messes things up again.

Note that you have to change the font size first then force the height because it seems to keep trying to match the height of the box to a certain number of rows.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back