Excel checklist with buttons

phillip87

Board Regular
I currently have workers filling in paper check sheets for their vehicles which i can only get hold of at the end of each week, this puts me behind and has poor visibility on paperwork completion.

I am trying to put together a data sheet each person could fill in.

This needs a drop down menu so they can choose their vehicle and then a checklist with buttons going down the side to confirm they have check, i would then like to have a button at the bottom to save the sheet into folder.

i am stuck as to where to begin.

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
Would it not be better to save the sheet as a PDF once completed...that way it can't be changed ??
Something like this

Code:
Sub MM1()
    With ActiveSheet
        .ExportAsFixedFormat 0, Environ("USERPROFILE") & "\Desktop\" & .Name & ".pdf"
    End With
End Sub

Upvote 0
Would it not be better to save the sheet as a PDF once completed...that way it can't be changed ??
Something like this

Code:
Sub MM1()
    With ActiveSheet
        .ExportAsFixedFormat 0, Environ("USERPROFILE") & "\Desktop\" & .Name & ".pdf"
    End With
End Sub

yes you are right, i was looking at saving as PDF last night but could not get it to work.

I would like to have a button save the sheet as PDF with the file name working off cell B7 & B10

Upvote 0
sorry i forgot that i also need this to auto save to a folder, that way each worker can use the same sheet and it will save separately based on the cell information.

Upvote 0
and which filepath and folder ??

Last edited:
Upvote 0
don't have Excel at the moment

Try...
Code:
Sub MM1()
    With ActiveSheet
        .ExportAsFixedFormat 0, "K:\Health & Safety\Penrose\Machine check sheet" & .Range("B7").Value & .Range("B10").Value & ".pdf"
    End With
End Sub

Upvote 0
I have the sheet completed with the save button and macro however nothing happens when I push the button.

Debug does not come back with anything.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent Khandagale

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back