Excel Formula or VBA Macro for employee schedule

JonEh

Hello,

I've been working on a formula to count the amount of consecutive days an employee has worked, and reset the count if a certain amount of days off has been met(criteria below). I need something that can check the previous month which is on a separate sheet to ensure the count isn't interrupted coming into a new month each time. The template I'm using is extremely similar to this: https://templates.office.com/en-us/Employee-absence-schedule-TM03987167 --- The criteria for days off is explained in the image below. I would also like a function to send an email to certain individuals if an employee has worked past 18 days, this way we can be sure employees aren't over-worked. A day worked is simply marked with an "x" and left blank if the employee has not worked.

Any help with this would be MUCH appreciated, thank you!

JMUBKRy.png

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Questions:

What is a work week? 3 days, 5 days, 6 days, 7 days?

If "Work Week" is a 5 day week, are weekends included on your spreadsheet?

If "Work Week" is a 5 day week or less, are weekends part of the calculation?

If "Work Week" is a 6 day week, or less, do the days not included in "Work Week" affect the calculation? If so how?

If an employee is entitled to one day of rest per work week, how is it possible to have 3 or 4 consecutive work weeks? Instead of entitled, does this mean "accrues"?

If Employers must allow an employee 4 consecutive days of rest after each period of 24 consecutive work days, would that be made of up 24 days in a row, 4 lots of 6-day-work-weeks, almost 5 lots of 5-day-work-weeks?

Could you provide some sample data with accurate manual entries to demonstrate?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nokoloina

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back