Excel Help - Manufacture Schedule

TheOldOne

Hey all,
I want to start out by thanking anyone for any help and by apologizing that I am exhausted but really need help, so sorry if parts do not make sense. I will get any information needed.
I hope this is where I can post this..I am hoping for a little help which hopefully isn't too much. I need help being pointed into the right direction. I am a little overwhelmed with family and work issues requiring help.

I have taken on scheduling for a manufacture with 15 machines and more to come. Each machine has limitations. I will be uploading a copy of what was passed down to me which if it could be improved, great but I am very open to something new.

Weeks are broken down to columns and rows are broke down for machines.

Cell F3 contains the value of hours for that week. All jobs on that line add up to show totals for that week.

What I am looking to accomplish is to make a master table where I can input new jobs that will autofill onto the schedule where time is open. Would need to sort by date so to have the jobs due 1st be done so in first. Will need the ability to give priority.

If a week has too many hours it needs to split to the following week and show (cont).

Would like to have to a scroll bar to view as many weeks as possible.

Key filter points that affect if they can run on a machine

F/MTWTLHH
F1914 and up to 32Yes
M23No

<tbody>
</tbody>

I use MS Excel 2010. Use MS Project (very hard to use when you have to update a schedule daily.) and I am trying to get access to MS access but for now I have to work with Excel and Project.

Thank you for any hlep!

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mr_ordinaryboy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back