Excel keeps crashing, files keep corrupting and repairing. I am out of idea's

GoosBekerom

I've been working on an excel planning tool for the past few months, it contains 6 sheets, some user forms, some modules, and loads of vba code. some times during this months excel has crashed on me due to infinite loops and computer crashes.

after some crashes excel needs to repair the program in order to proceed. Now that i'm almost done with the tool and I made a test-version for the future users. Every time they open the file it does this "repair" thing and after that excel freezes or crashes on them.

It even does this at my own computer now. I've tried everything, I copied everything to a new workbook and while testing it it crashes again and the file is broken again. I've tried re-saving the file with different names. I've tried saving as binary.

I'm running out of idea's.
Does anyone know how I could fix this or something I can try?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Hey I had this exact problem when making a type of planning tool for my company and it turned out to be the freaking LOGO that I had copied and pasted from some other document!! This may not be your problem as file corruption can be a complicated issue, but I would check that first! I googled this problem so much before I tried simply deleting the logo off of my project, and was relieved that was the only issue. Good luck!

Upvote 0
Hey I had this exact problem when making a type of planning tool for my company and it turned out to be the freaking LOGO that I had copied and pasted from some other document!! This may not be your problem as file corruption can be a complicated issue, but I would check that first! I googled this problem so much before I tried simply deleting the logo off of my project, and was relieved that was the only issue. Good luck!

Thanks for your reply!
just when you said this I was reading the repair log, and its saying something about the sorting of some tables. This could be a similar problem.

Upvote 0
Thank you very much!
after disabling the sorting buttons for the tables the repair screen didn't show up anymore.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back