Excel Map 3D Time Issue

LazarClarent

Hello, it is nice to meet everyone (I've been lurking for a while!).

I have currently been playing around with Excel's fancy 3D Map feature.

I currently have a set of data that gives me postcode/location, amount/height, start date, and end date. I am able to get 3D map work to the point where it can generate a map over time that shows when something starts. I basically have data similar to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE2o9cutxN0 - where dots/bar graph appear over time.

What I have been trying to do, but unable to do is make the bar graph disappear. Such that the bar graph only appear between the start and end date (even though my total running time is 2 years). For example, if my entire video/3D map spans 5 years. Location 1 start date is year 2 with end date year 3. I want it to be able to appear at year 2 and then go away at year 3.

At the moment, I am only able to make it appear at year 2 - but it does not go away. I was wondering if this is a limitation of 3D maps (as I see you can only put one data column into the time data entry field).

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
You can add multiple scenes (Top navigation - Scenes - New Scene) which might help. (Note they can all be played one after the other so they flow together well).

Upvote 0
I just had a look, but doesn't scene require things to start and stop? I was thinking of when variables overlap. An example data set showing overlapping start/end dates, along with post code and amount. https://imgur.com/Q2lfTyH

I cannot get it to appear and disappear. I can only get the amounts to appear at the single starting data, but it cannot get it to disappear after the end date.

Upvote 0
Incase anyone is reading or interested (for the future) - I got it to work.

It is a bit rough, but I just added my "end date" dates to the bottom of the "start date" column and set the values of the height to become 0. https://imgur.com/imi5CPn
Then set the value to remain/do not become change. The 3D map system will then make the location's height to be 320,000 at 23/03/2009 but then becomes 0 at 23/03/2012. The system does not know the start/end dates, just when the dates that the value is due to change.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texmansru47

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back