1. 365
  2. 2021
  3. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
Beloved experts in the house,

I've a data list of numbers in in 4 column, so I discovered that there move with a unique patterns and formation.

So the question is, how can I search for combinations of patterns in the 4 column at once.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221213-203023_1671196765020_1671196883869.jpg
    Screenshot_20221213-203023_1671196765020_1671196883869.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 29

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
The title of your thread says Excel in it, but that's not Excel in the screen capture. That's Google Sheets.

Upvote 0
The title of your thread says Excel in it, but that's not Excel in the screen capture. That's Google Sheets.
Yes the screenshot was taking from the file on Google sheet but will be implemented on Excel and once it's formulas it will surely work on both.

Please any help on that?

Upvote 0
Well that's another point - you didn't specify that it needed to be done as a formula either - I had assumed VBA would be ok, but not if you're using Google Sheets.

Upvote 0
From the screenshot, the numbers both on the columns and rows represent a movement patterns.

I have a file list of about 2000 columns and 4 rows.

The question is: how can I search form a combinations of numbers either in columns of rows? Eg 5 2 0 3 without having to scroll through the whole file.
Not necessarily.

What does 4 columns actually have to do with it? Your screen shot looks more like 40+ columns.

Upvote 0
From the screenshot, the numbers both on the columns and rows represent a movement patterns.

I have a file list of about 2000 columns and 4 rows.

The question is: how can I search form a combinations of numbers either in columns of rows? Eg 5 2 0 3 without having to scroll through the whole file.

Yes VBA will work please help.....

Upvote 0
I tried using Excel's 'new'(?) Data from Pictures function to see if it could extract the data from that screen capture to give some kind of a data set to work off... but alas, it found no numbers :-/

So can you identify a pattern already that you can demonstrate what exactly it is that you mean? Like I can see from Cell BC4, going along the row, it says 1 2 3 4 5 6... Then you can see it drops down a row and starts again at BH5 1 2 3 4 5 6 7... is that what you mean?

(To be honest, this seems like it would be the perfect question to ask ChatGPT, no? I don't think they accept inputs like this, though, but it'd be nice if it could.)

Upvote 0
I tried using Excel's 'new'(?) Data from Pictures function to see if it could extract the data from that screen capture to give some kind of a data set to work off... but alas, it found no numbers :-/

So can you identify a pattern already that you can demonstrate what exactly it is that you mean? Like I can see from Cell BC4, going along the row, it says 1 2 3 4 5 6... Then you can see it drops down a row and starts again at BH5 1 2 3 4 5 6 7... is that what you mean?

(To be honest, this seems like it would be the perfect question to ask ChatGPT, no? I don't think they accept inputs like this, though, but it'd be nice if it could.)
Here is the link to the file

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daynle

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back