Excel Spreadsheet to show Due dates

McTam

Board Regular
Good morning all, been a while since I have been on here so hope everyone is well. I am a bit rusty and trying to put together a spreadsheet to show reminders for Gas Servicing. Most of it is pretty straightforward in that it would be

Type Address Account Contact Phone E-Mail Date Due

I would need the sheet to flag the due date two weeks before the service is due. Just not sure of best way to do it. Ideally I would like to be able to use the sheet to send an e-mail (or link to one) but not sure how practical this would be?
thank you in advance as always,

regards Alexx

Apologies that didn't format correctly!! Column H is TODAY, I is the contact client cell.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
highlight this data range, color it yellow and put borders around any cell then copy and paste it into the reply box here

Upvote 0
It wont let me do that I'm afraid. I used to upload using an html tool but dont have it on this laptop.
A B C D E F G H
Type Address Account Contact Phone E-Mail Date Due Contact Client
The due date is date we need to do Service so Column H (Contact Client) needs to show a date two weeks before due date so we can contact the Client. Sorry to be such a pain over this would just like to get it in place as I am doing it with Sage Diary at the moment and it is limited as to what it can do.
Thanks again Alex

Upvote 0
col 1col 2Col #3Col#4Col#6Col#7
service fromservice toinvoice amountdue date
01/05/201802/04/20183002/15/18
02/06/201803/06/2018500.253/21/18
Col #3Col#4Col#6Col#7
service fromservice toinvoice amountdue date
01/05/201802/04/20183002/15/18
04/06/201805/06/20184006/20/18
assuming today is March 28 you want to retrieve 500.25 from the top table
and nothing from the lower table ?

<colgroup><col span="2"><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0
Sorry I am probably not explaining myself properly. All I need is to flag up when a service is due so I can send out a reminder in an e-mail or phone call. We undertake gas servicing for clients and landlords which are annual so I just need to be reminded two weeks before the due date so I can contact the people. So Column H is two weeks before the Due Date and I need to highlight the cell to remind to contact the client. Hope that makes a little more sense? I Essentially I only need a formula in the cell in column H to go red to show it's due. Just can't remember how to do it. Sorry,

thanks again Alex

Upvote 0
I am using this formula in column I but I need it to look at < TODAY as well,
=IF(H2=TODAY();"YES";"")
Is there an OR formula to use two variables?
thank you

Upvote 0
Sorry it would also need to clear if it is over two weeks as well otherwise it will always sat TODAY. Getting a bit confused myself to be honest. So what I would need if a formula that shows the due date as YES (which I have formulated in Red) using TODAY. It would need to stay as TODAY for 'maybe' ten days? then clear the cell. I hope that all makes sense??
Thank you all in advance Alexx

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie14

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back