Excel To Access v.v.

chester1993

Hello everyone. It's nice to be back here. Obviously, I need a big help from this forum, again.

I am to develop a project that would allow may co-team mates to request for Vacations Leaves via Excel (using a Data Entry form). These request will go directly to a database in Access. Why Access? I thought storing a large amount of "request" in Excel would only increase the file size and make it harder for the codes to execute. If I am wrong here, please educate me a better way of resolving that issue.

With that being said, the file will be shared AND/OR the users can download the file and save a copy of it on their own desktop. Now, since the requests are in a Access database, again please correct me on this part if I have a misconception, the file, even though it has multiple copies outside and shared to different users, it would update real time on the users end. Am I wrong here? Let me know.

Another dilemma I have is where to save the database that would allow the Excel files to update real-time. I was thinking of shared drive or folder. Is that a possibility? How about One Drive? Can it do the work?

The project right now is in a planning phase. I want to sort out this questions first before I start doing it and I think this is the best place to ask for guidance.
If it helps, I am using an Office 365.

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Excel to Access database v.v. - OzGrid Free Excel/VBA Help Forum
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Excel to Access database v.v. - OzGrid Free Excel/VBA Help Forum
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.
Oh I'm sorry about that, RoryA. Will make sure this won't happen again! And oh, is Ozgrid and MrExcel one and the same now?

Upvote 0
No, they are completely separate forums; that's not the point. If you read the rules (here and there), you'll understand. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back