Excel to word, without using a macro

Kevineamon

Hey guys.
Anyone know a way to autopaste a worksheet into Word or better again - Notepad, without using a macro?

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
That depends on whther you want to maintain any relationship between the two. For that, you might use an OLE link, which you can achieve by copying the Excel range and pasting it into Word with Paste Special, using the 'paste link' option and the paste format of your choice.

Otherwise, mailmerge or a Word DATABASE field might be a possibility.

You really haven't given us much to go on.

Upvote 0
Sorry should have given more detail. No I don’t need any continued relationship for this section of the workbook.

We generate a lot of repetitive data, handled by excel. Of course there’s the copy paste option but I’ve been tasked with automating as much as possible. I can make a button, for hyperlinks for example. I was thinking I might be able to make one, to dump some of the data onto a txt file...

It’s not always just the text files imports, we use the workbook for.

The vba scripts on the macros don’t communicate well with some of the hardware we use.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If the data are for a text file, it's not clear why your title refers to Word; Excel can save content to a text file without involving Word. For example, you could use formulae to collect data onto a worksheet that you save in CSV format.

Again, you really haven't given us much to go on. As for:
The vba scripts on the macros don’t communicate well with some of the hardware we use.
we really couldn't comment on the issues there in the absence of knowing what you code or hardware are, other than to say any problems are most likely due to: faulty code; a faulty Office installation; and/or faulty hardware.

Upvote 0
The only reason I'm talking about the comms issues, is because you asked me for more information and I'm telling you, why I can't use a macro. I didn't need or want comments on it, it's been troubleshooted inside out and upside down and I'm not bringing it up again within the team. No one wants to think about it...believe me...
Anyways forget about that, tell me more about this formulae used to collect data.

Upvote 0
tell me more about this formulae used to collect data.
At its most basic, open the sheet you want to update, select the cell you want to update, press the = character, then switch to the sheet & cell you want to get the data from.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie14

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back