Excel worksheet change or display list of data based on given cell text

harinsh

Hello Team,

I am planning to build one dashboard using work sheet change but not sure how to work with this option. My objective is to display list of fields based one cell value.

For example in A2 cell if you select "Fruit" then below automatically list of fruits should reflect and it should either refer some range or defined in the code. If I select vegetables then it should reflect only vegetables.

Which option to use to get this kind of requirement please suggest me.

Thank you,

hello respected members,

im new to the team and don't know how to post a new thread. just have one request.

just wanna know the major differences between excel 2003, 2007,2010, 2013 and 2016

I WOULD APPRECIATE RESPONSE IN TABULAR/COLMNAR FORMAT PLEASE.

KIND REGARDS

On Mr. Excel main page click on Forum
Then click on Excel Questions
Then click on Post New Thread

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
Click on "Forum" Option on the top and post your new thread please....

hello respected members,

im new to the team and don't know how to post a new thread. just have one request.

just wanna know the major differences between excel 2003, 2007,2010, 2013 and 2016

I WOULD APPRECIATE RESPONSE IN TABULAR/COLMNAR FORMAT PLEASE.

KIND REGARDS

Upvote 0
I want you to know I'm really trying to help you but if you remember back in post number 1 all you said was if fruit is in A1 put fruits in A2 and below. If Vegetable are in A1 put all vegetables in A2 and below.

I then asked where are these Fruits and vegetables. And you said all over the sheet.
I then had to ask exactly where on the sheet and then you said Column A and B on sheet 2

So I gave you a answer and you said that's great works perfect.
Then you said O yes I want prices also prices are in column B and D

And see what is happening here is I keep providing answers and the you say works great but then in next posting you start saying no all is not working correctly.

Then you said Copy does not copy formulas but Then I said Copy does Copy formulas. But now it sounds like your saying you do not want to copy formulas.

And now you are saying all the fruits and vegables are in same column which was not what you originally said.

And in your last posting your now talking about 20 columns of data.

So what does that mean are we now dealing with 20 different items like Fruit Vegetable Dairy Products and on and on.

And if you are going to have exactl ranges now in column B I would need to know what these exact ranges are. Like fruit now has a named Range named Fruit or is the range from B2:B14

I only know exactly what you tell me.

And if you say twenty columns I need to know what 20 columns Excel has 16 thousand columns

You cannot say 20 columns because that does not tell me what 20 columns.

And when I ask question please be sure and answer my questions or I just have to ask it a second time.

Like do you want formulas copied or just the values from the cell.
If we copy the formulas from sheet 2 and paste into sheet1 your answer to those formulas may be different or you may get a error statement depending on what the formula is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lachbee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back