Extra objects in the VBA project explorer.

raven_squire

Board Regular
Hello,

I recently had stability problems with some code and it crashed Excel mamy times. Now when working in the VB edditor the VBA project tree has duplicated the sheet and workbook objects (although the new objects have no code). I have sheet1, sheet11,sheet111, sheet1111(logooutput) etc

What has happend and how do I get rid of duplicated objects?

Will there be any other problems caused by my bad code?

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
What happened will depend exactly on why the application crashed. How to fix it is more straight-forward. Each worksheet should appear in the sheet tabs on the main Excel window, which is usually at the bottom-left. Find each sheet you do not want, right-click and click on Delete. Confirm the delete and that should take care of it. Just keep going until you have deleted all offending worksheets. If you have an item in the project tree that you do not want to keep which does not appear on the worksheet tabs, then in the VBA project items, right click and choose Delete on each item; confirm you want it gone and it is. It might be a good idea to save the Excel file after each successful deletion, just to be safe

Upvote 0
I was undable to determin what caused the crash and "Automation Errors". I was able to identify the code that caused it and remove it. That code worked just fine in another sheet.

I can not "Remove" any of the objects in the explorer as the option is greyed out.

Is there some way to have the back end of the spread sheet cleaned?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back