Extract all rows from a range that have specific text from lookup

Davecliff

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

I have an excel file with multiple rows and columns used for planning jobs. The columns contain job descriptions, job numbers, Worker names etc. Few jobs require 2 people to complete and have 2 names on them ex: Luke and Mike.

Out of all the jobs i want to extract the jobs for specific people, who are in the lookup sheet.

Excel file structure:
Columns A-J in main sheet has all data with job number, description, name etc.., with worker names are in column D.
Lookup sheet A1:A10 contain the specific people.
The job number, description and other columns have to be extracted onto a new sheet for these people in lookup table. I have been using the below formula on the new sheet which works for individual names. However, does not recognise if they are matched with others (combined jobs). The formula has to work even if they are mixed with others. I tried using wildcard to the below formula but was not able to get any result.

I've been breaking my head since yesterday. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

=INDEX('Day Shift'!$A$3:$J$100, SMALL(IF(COUNTIF(Lookup!$A$1:$A$10,'Day Shift'!$D$3:$D$100), MATCH(ROW('Day Shift'!$A$3:$J$100), ROW('Day Shift'!$A$3:$J$100)), ""), ROWS(A1:$A$1)), COLUMNS($A$2:A2))

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
Sounds simple enough. Can you share a larger sample of your data or a link to a copy of your workbook?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahmad123098

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back