Extract anything that has a ".com"

Abhishek92kumar

I have a list of texts and withing there the users mentions sometimes their email address and sometimes their websites

Also sometimes they have more than one email address and more than one urls in the same column

The column looks like

It has a lots of texts in between
and the user sometimes and arbitrary position places their email address and sometimes websites.

If you can separate the websites and the emails at different columns if is is present then that would be a great help.

I was thinking that email address and urls both have ".com" and after getting all the ".com" we can seperate if it is having" http" or "www" etc then it is a URL and if it has @ then a email address

A VBA code is largely appreciated

Regards

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Hi,
You can use mid/right/left and find function for this, i.e if you want to extract data from this file onto other files,

and also you can use:
In Home tab-Conditional formatting-Highlight cell rules-Text that contains to highlight the data as per your text.

Hope this helps !!
Also i don't think a macro code is required for this but hey, if you have lots of data files, yes a Code does help you a lot.

Upvote 0
Thanks sir for answering. But I really do need a code for this as the data are not separable using all the above .
I am not so skilled in using the above functions and also there are a few case in this situation.

Anyone with a VBA code or a formula is much appreciated

Regards

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ajax40

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back