Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
Hi all,

Need your help, I have two columns, column A has

A B C O E W G H
whereas column B has
A B C E G H J L P

I want Unique alphabats from column B only, means as you can see O and W are also unique in column A but I want to extract J, L and P only.

TIA

Re: Want to extract unique values from columns

Hi,

I am using Excel 2007

RGDS,

Rizvi.M.H.

1. Assuming that the concatenation is needed...

=IFERROR(INDEX(CustomerMaster,SMALL(IF(FREQUENCY(IF(CustomerMaster<>"",IF(CodeMaster=$BL$5,MATCH(CustomerMaster&"|"&CodeMaster,CustomerMaster&"|"&CodeMaster,0))),IvecMaster),IvecMaster),ROWS(HI$7:HI7))),"")

is ok and can be speeded up by doing concatenation in a range of its own, say CusAndCode. IFERROR is costly: If needed, it can be replaced with IF(ROWS(…)>N, where N is the unique count.

2. Assuming that the unsorted unique list [1] creates does not contain numeric data...

=INDEX($HI$7:$HI$82, MATCH(LARGE(COUNTIF($HI$7:$HI$82, ">="&$HI$7:$HI$82), ROWS($HJ$7:HJ7)), COUNTIF($HI$7:$HI$82, ">="&$HI$7:$HI$82), 0))

3. The following

=IF(TODAY()-IF(ISERROR(LOOKUP(2,1/(CustomerMaster=HJ7),InvDtMaster)),"",(LOOKUP(2,1/(CustomerMaster=HJ7),InvDtMaster)))>120,IF(ISERROR(LOOKUP(2,1/(CustomerMaster=HJ7),InvDtMaster)),"",(LOOKUP(2,1/(CustomerMaster=HJ7),InvDtMaster))),"")

is a bit strange. Care to describe in wordt what it is intended to do?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.

The point number 3, gives me the last date of invoice. From this i can make out when was the customer lost.

Upvote 0

Yes, I have taken as a customer is lost of he has not purchased from last 4 months, that is 120 days.

Does this cover the same as [3] above?

=IF(TODAY()-IFERROR(LOOKUP(2,1/(CustomerMaster=HJ7),InvDtMaster)),0))>120,
LOOKUP(2,1/(CustomerMaster=HJ7),InvDtMaster),
"")

Upvote 0

Yes, it does.

That's great as it should be a tad faster than the formula it is suggested to replace.

Back to post #21 , did you also try doing the concatenation as suggested?

By the way, we cannot do much about [2] and hope that [1] does not output numbers [2] cannot chew.

Upvote 0

That's great as it should be a tad faster than the formula it is suggested to replace.

Back to post #21 , did you also try doing the concatenation as suggested?

By the way, we cannot do much about [2] and hope that [1] does not output numbers [2] cannot chew.

There has not been much noticeable impact on speed of computer, may be because there are other scores of such formulas slowing down the file. However this is a simpler and easier formula and I have replaced mine with your formula.

Thanks for the help.

RGDS,

Rizvi.M.H.

Upvote 0

There has not been much noticeable impact on speed of computer, may be because there are other scores of such formulas slowing down the file. However this is a simpler and easier formula and I have replaced mine with your formula.

Thanks for the help.

RGDS,

Rizvi.M.H.

In particular formulas with volatile functions (INDIRECT, OFFSET, etc.) do slow processing.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PressEscape

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back