Extracting data from formatted workbook

jaakovs

Hello MrExcel! I discussed a similar question with a MrExcel user earlier but wanted to open this up to everyone else on these forums, too.

I've got a consolidated workbook with umbrella questions, subquestions, scores, and answers, and I would like to break it up into separate sheets. I'm not sure of the best procedure to do this.

My consolidated workbook is pictured below. The source data consists of umbrella questions identified by a unique question number in yellow and a varying number of umbrella questions. Each umbrella question belongs to a category in column E (P, S, I) and is scored on a scale from 1 to 4. Those scores read from the answer choices of "Yes" and "No" given to each subquestion.

The formula that makes that work is =IF(I31="N/A","...",IF(I31="No",1,1.8+COUNTIF(I33:I35,"Yes")*2.2/COUNTA(I33:I35))), for example.

I'm looking to create a separate sheet for each category (P, S, I) while preserving the subquestions and the structure that sets the scores for the umbrella questions.

Source (sorry about the quality - I'm on mobile at the moment!) (http://i.imgur.com/xnrP2wx.jpg)

xnrP2wx.jpg

This is an example how each of the "I" category questions should look in their separate worksheet. We can ignore columns E onward at this point.

XBy0yDz.jpg

Do you guys have any ideas on how to do this?

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsharae57

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back