File/Path Access Issue (VERY ODD)

mikechambers

I have code that accesses a file that exists in SharePoint. I am referencing the path as a network path (ie. \\sp5463.xxxxx.net@xxx\xxxxxx\sites\etc)

On a fresh reboot of a system, a user will opening the workbook that runs the code will receive an access error, because the system thinks the path does not exist, or they don't have access to it. Even though it does exist and they do have access. Even if I do any kind of code to check if the file exists, it fails on that with the same type of error.

When that error is received, if I manually go navigate to the path in another version of Excel or Windows Explorer, which works every time, and then I go back to continue running the code from the break point, it continues running with no issues. It's behaving as if I must go prove to Excel or my system that I can access that path, and then Excel will let the code run.

Once I "prove myself worthy" the code will work every time, even if I close the workbook and re-open it. It will continue to work UNTIL I reboot my system, then it has to be "retrained".

I really don't even know how to search for a solution on this because it really has nothing to do with DIR or really trying to test if the path exists.

It's almost as if I need to do a full scan or something to test all accesses. Any I should point out, this is ONLY an issue with SharePoint paths. Never a normal network drive or anything else.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back