Filling a formula that uses consecutive ranges of a column

not_a_pro

So I have all this rainfall data by the hour in one sheet, and I want to sum it up by day onto another sheet.

Is there a way for me to put the sum formula into a cell, referencing and summing the 24 individual cells from the other sheet, then just fill the formula down to each consecutive row ("day") and have each row after reference the next series of 24 cells in the first sheet?

I hope this question makes sense...

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Hi, do you wish to sum for a specific time period? Is the first Column (days) entered as a date?

Upvote 0
It has a date and time in military time in column A and the values per hour in column B. So like "10/15/2014 12:00:00" in row 1, "10/15/2014 13:00:00" in row 2, etc...

Upvote 0
I want to sum each day into separate consecutive cells. So on a different worksheet I want to be turning the hourly data into daily totals.

It's just that I have like 6 months worth of hourly data, so I want a way to run it faster than doing every individual day and choosing the cell range, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsharae57

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back