Formatting Cells Based on Data

spyldbrat

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
I have a spreadsheet that has multiple tabs. Each week I run a report and place it on the "CURRENT" tab and manually change some cells in col b based on the name listed: highlighted yellow, green font or red font. There are also cells that are highlighted yellow and the font can be either red or green.

I created a separate tab called "FORMAT LIST". This tab contains a list of the names that I want to turn red, yellow, green or both on a tab that I labeled current. The Yellow names are in col A, the green font is in col c and the red font is in col e.

I tried to do a conditional format but to make this work, but it doesn't see to be highlighting all of what I need? Also, I can't figure out how to incorporate the red and green font changes. Any help would be appreciated.

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Unless i see the worksheet, its hard for me to find a total answer, but ill try to help.
Quick question, why do you manually change Column B?

Conditional format, format cells that contain (then use the drop box and select specific text). then put the text in the third box. Click on format, the select the correct text color on the font tab and on the fill tab, select the color to fill the cell.

Does that help as a start?

Upvote 0
I am not sure that I am following you. I manually change column b because from week to week, the data that would be highlighted and/or font colors that would be changed will vary. One week, I may have a list of 10 names, the following it can be 6, the following it can be 20. Since the names vary week to week, the only option I know of is to do it manually. My plan was to each week, to copy the names that needed a change to the Format List tab in the respective columns (A, C & E) and then with a conditional formatting (or something else), change the names on the Current tab to the formatting I have on the Format List tab.

Based on what I just wrote, I am not sure if using a drop box would help? I not very familiar with them - if it's what I am thinking of, then I only used it once and I don't recall formatting being the reason I used it)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mammothzaa

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back