formula if two cells contain specific text add "x" amount

danj4fsu

I am trying to have a cell add "25" if a two range of cells contain specific text. For instance, if E12:E45 contain "Shater" AND F12:F45 contain "Held" add 25.

TIA

As you can see, it is important to include the details of exactly what you want, as if you are too brief, it can be unclear or interpretted in different ways.
Just something to be mindful of in future posts, so you increase the likelihood of getting answers that do what you want.

Thank you. I would consider me to be basic/intermediate with my Excel knowledge and because of that, wasn't even sure how to ask. Either way, I appreciate the quick responses.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Thank you. I would consider me to be basic/intermediate with my Excel knowledge and because of that, wasn't even sure how to ask. Either way, I appreciate the quick responses.
You are welcome.

A good way to approach it is this way: How would I describe the question to someone who has never seen this before and has no knowledge of what I am trying to do?
I don't mean the technical Excel side of it, just describing the question in plain English, in detail.

As you post more questions, I am sure it is something that you will get more of a feel for.
Also note that there is a Sticky out there with some good tips: https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-announcements/127080-guidelines-forum-use.html

Happy Excel-ling!:cool:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back