Formula inquiry. Multiple If statement outcomes

MoCA111

Hey everyone, I've spent the past few days banging my head off the wall with this one.

What I need to do is take the recurring and completed into the equation. So essentially like this;

If reccuring is Yes, than the formula result should be On time.
The second part I need to work into it is,
If completed date is less than due date then show on time otherwise show late.

When I try to build it in I get too many arguments as I have way too many arguments. I imagine I can accomplish what I'm looking to do with And/or functions but I can't wrap my head around it.

=IF(B3="","", IF($I$1<=G3, "On Time", "LATE"))

This is the formula I am using to get the current result. B3 = date of entry in the tracker. I1 is the current date via today () and G3 is the due date field which is calculated by the date of entry + SAL (date of entry plus 14 days for low priority)

What I have so far is;

If B3 is blank then show a blank in the cell, else if current date is less than or equal to due date then show on time, otherwise show late.

This all works flawlessly, although I am sure that there is a better way to do it. My excel fu is fairly weak.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a link to the sheet.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5wwlj8ylu7rNkNGUHdzTlNlZV9rX1JKa1Q0ekNkYmpNZ3lz/view?usp=drivesdk

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
kindly grant me access to the file that you shared via google drive. i will have a look at it and try to come up with something

Upvote 0
=IF(E3="1 - Low",DATE(YEAR(B3),MONTH(B3),DAY(B3)+14),IF(E3="2 - Medium",DATE(YEAR(B3),MONTH(B3),DAY(B3)+7),IF(E3="3 - High",DATE(YEAR(B3),MONTH(B3),DAY(B3)+4),IF(E3="4 - Critical",DATE(YEAR(B3),MONTH(B3),DAY(B3)+2), ""))))

DATE(YEAR(B3),MONTH(B3),DAY(B3)) is not necessary. Direct referencing to cell B3 is more than enough.

=IF(E10="1 - Low",B10+14,IF(E10="2 - Medium",B10+7,IF(E10="3 - High",B10+4,IF(E10="4 - Critical",B10+2, ""))))

Last edited:
Upvote 0
=IF(E3="1 - Low",DATE(YEAR(B3),MONTH(B3),DAY(B3)+14),IF(E3="2 - Medium",DATE(YEAR(B3),MONTH(B3),DAY(B3)+7),IF(E3="3 - High",DATE(YEAR(B3),MONTH(B3),DAY(B3)+4),IF(E3="4 - Critical",DATE(YEAR(B3),MONTH(B3),DAY(B3)+2), ""))))

DATE(YEAR(B3),MONTH(B3),DAY(B3)) is not necessary. Direct referencing to cell B3 is more than enough.

=IF(E10="1 - Low",B10+14,IF(E10="2 - Medium",B10+7,IF(E10="3 - High",B10+4,IF(E10="4 - Critical",B10+2, ""))))

Perfect! Thank you very much. Do you happen to have any insight for the formula that would go in Column H?

This is the one where if recurrent is 'Yes' then Column H should show 'On Time' and if the completion date is before the due date it should show 'On Time' otherwise 'Late'

Upvote 0

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If either condition 1: Recurrent = "Yes" or condition 2: $I$1 <= G3
return value "On Time"

=IF(B3="","", IF(OR($D3="Yes",$I$1<=G3), "On Time", "LATE"))

If you want both conditions to be true, you can use AND instead of OR

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surendra75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back