Formula needed

amora1012

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
i need to know theres any formula can show me when ''date and time'' i typed that data per each cell ? thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Possibly you're finding it difficult to translate your question. I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are asking? Are you able to provide an example amora?
Am I close assuming that when you type something into a cell, you can get a time/date stamp as to when that data was entered? Do you want the time / date stamp visible next to the value that was entered?

eg. type "MyData" in A1,m and in B1 you get "2019-05-14 7:14:09am"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Possibly you're finding it difficult to translate your question. I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are asking? Are you able to provide an example amora?
Am I close assuming that when you type something into a cell, you can get a time/date stamp as to when that data was entered? Do you want the time / date stamp visible next to the value that was entered?

eg. type "MyData" in A1,m and in B1 you get "2019-05-14 7:14:09am"

yes excatly as you mentioned :)

Upvote 0
You have 3 options.

1) When you type in the data in the first cell, go to the cell where you want the date/time, and press Control-Shift-; Control-; Enter. The date/time will be entered.

2) If your data is in A2, and you want the date/time in B2, enter this formula in B2:
=IF(A2="","",IF(B2="",NOW(),B2))

Make sure to enable Iterative Calculation (File > Options > Formulas > Enable Iterative Calculation), and format the cell with a date/time format.

3) Use a macro. Open a copy of your workbook. On the sheet where you want the dates, right click the sheet tab on the bottom, select View Code, and enter this code:
Rich (BB code):
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)

If Target.Column <> 1 Then Exit Sub
    Target.Offset(, 1) = Now

End Sub
The first 1 in red means to monitor the first column (A), and the second 1 in blue says how many columns over do you want the date/time. Then close the VBA window and try entering something in column A.

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back