Formula to Find and Replace sheet reference in individual sheets

abellad

Board Regular
Hi

I have a workbook with 250 individual worksheets (named C1-C250) and a 'Data Summary' sheet. On each of the individual sheets (C1-C250) in need to display data from the 'Data Summary' sheet using a cell reference. So for example on sheet C1 I need to pull data from row 3 of the 'Data Summary Sheet' so on sheet C1 cells

B4='Data Summary'!A3
B6='Data Summary'!D3
B7='Data Summary'!B3
B8='='Data Summary'!C3'

on sheet C2 the reference needs to change to row 4 of the 'Data Summary' sheet. At the moment I am using the Find & Place function on each sheet and changing the 'Data Summary' sheet row references manually. Is there a quicker way of doing this?

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
This formula will go to sheet1 column B and the row number shown in b3 of the current sheet. By changing the number in B3 you change the row the formula looks at. Without understanding what you're doing I can't give anymore help than that. The sheet and column will not change only the row. You'd have to put formulas in for B C D E etc.

+INDIRECT("Sheet1!B"&$B$3)

Upvote 0
Thank for your response. I'm not sure I explained myself clearly. I'll try and simplify this:

The workbook contains a sheet called "Data Summary". Column D in this sheet has a list of candidate numbers (e.g. D1_C1). In total there are 250 rows of data in column D. So the "Data Summary" sheet has a row for each candidate. Each row of data has a corresponding sheet in the workbook so candidate D1_C1 has a sheet named D1_C1.

The ask.
On each candidate sheet I need to bring in data from the ""Data Summary" sheet. So on
sheet D1_C1 cell B6 should ='Data Summary'!D2, on
sheet D1_C2 cell B6 should ='Data Summary'!D3, on
etc.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi,
With the formual I gave you change the number in B3 to the row you want from the data summary sheet. However now I know you have a unique refence on each row
in the data summary sheet you should use a vlookup. On the summary put the canadidate reference in column A.
lets say Sheet D1_C1 B5 holds the reference D1_C1 for the candidate.
Sheet D1_C1 Formulas
B4 =VLOOKUP($B$5,Data summary!$A$1:$E$250,2,0)
B6 =VLOOKUP($B$5,Data summary!$A$1:$E$250,5,0)
B7 =VLOOKUP($B$5,Data summary!$A$1:$E$250,3,0)
B8 =VLOOKUP($B$5,Data summary!$A$1:$E$250,4,0)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ExcelMA

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back