SantasLittleHelper

Board Regular
I have a workbook with 20 different tabs. Is it possible to have the 'Home' tab always visible? For example, when I scroll across to find sheet 15, I am still able to see the Home Tab.

The best way to describe it is to do the same as Freezing the First column in a sheet. The Home tab will be the first column and when scrolling across, the other columns (or tabs in this case) are hidden behind the Home tab.

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
There's no way of doing what you are after I'm afraid.
What mabalo76 pointed you to is the closest option, but will not work when scrolling through the sheets.

Upvote 0
I have a workbook with 20 different tabs. Is it possible to have the 'Home' tab always visible? For example, when I scroll across to find sheet 15, I am still able to see the Home Tab.
I am guessing you want this feature so that you have easy access back to the first worksheet. As Fluff pointed out, you cannot freeze a tab; however, you can get back to the first sheet somewhat easily by right clicking the "VCR icons" to the left of the tabs and clicking on the top displayed sheet name in the popup menu that appears.

Upvote 0
You could use the View/New Window and have one Window your "Home" worksheet and then use the other Window when you want to examine any other worksheet...
Alt/Tab

Upvote 0
Is you wanted a easy way to always get back to your Home Tab.

Run this script in a empty workbook with several sheets.
Run the script in the Home Tab
And you will see what it does.
The script will put a Hyperlink in column A of your Home Tab
The links when clicked on will take you to your sheets.
And if you click on Range("A1") of any sheet you will be taken back to your Home Tab.
Code:
Sub Link_To_Sheets()
'Modified 6/11/18 4:10 PM EDT
Dim i As Long
Dim ans As String
ans = ActiveSheet.Name
    For i = 2 To Sheets.Count
        Sheets(ans).Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=Cells(i, 1), Address:="", SubAddress:="'" & Sheets(i).Name & "'" & "!" & Cells(1, 1).Address, TextToDisplay:=Sheets(i).Name
        Sheets(i).Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=Sheets(i).Cells(1, 1), Address:="", SubAddress:="'" & Sheets(1).Name & "'" & "!" & Sheets(1).Cells(1, 1).Address, TextToDisplay:="Goto  " & Sheets(1).Name
    Next
End Sub

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aurelius33

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back