Freezing Column / Rows

NZAS

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a work book that I would like to set up a freeze for column A and then in cell C5 freeze the the column and row so when scrolling the dataset I do not want the rows in column A to scoll but stay fixed and have the data in all cells from column B the ability to scroll. There is a small pivot table in column A which covers from A4 to A20 which I want to be able to have in view all the time when scrolling through the data. I can put the freze below the pivot table but then unable to view much of the data when scrolling down the data.

Cheers
NZAS

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
I dont think it would be possible to do what you are asking. The best idea I can think of would be to use the split feature vs freeze panes. Split is in the same spot you would find freeze panes. Highlight row 21 and press split, you will then have 2 windows that will scroll independently of each other allowing you to keep A4 to A20 in view in the top window and then you would use the bottom window to scroll and research/navigate etc. You could also click the option of "New Window" (also in the same spot as freeze panes) which will open a copy of the workbook in a new excel window, the 2 workbooks are the same copy and changes made to either will reflect in both versions. This would allow you to keep one workbook with A4 to A20 visible on one side and then use the other workbook to maneuver. As for freezing Column A and C5 I dont see that being possible. If you happen to find a way I would be curious how :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayEggleton

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back